Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 130 sport whaler. I have lots of confidents in this little boat, but don't want to be foolish. Is there any place to fish in a boat like to access the bigger class striper safely? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
1,677 Posts
Saw kayakers, a small whaler and a john boat fishing around the Coleman bridge while we were out there today. Some nice fish were caught, one was a 39 incher out of the John boat. Nice ramp in Gloucester Point right at the foot of the bridge.

· Registered
252 Posts
I think you would be alright just pick your days. I would say you could fish out of Rudee or Lynnhaven Inlets. Rudde to Cape Henry. Maybe buddy up with someone to be there if ya needed help but you should be ok. I am always amazed at the small boats you see out there. Like 12' aluminum john boats or even kayaks off the Cape.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lots of great advise on places to fish and when for big stripes in a smaller boat. Basiclly from a small boat standpoint, watch the weather close (pick your days/nights) and use lots of common sense and you too can catch the bigns.

Thanks, JRF (Gloucester)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.