Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Monday evening Deer Park Newport News. The Small brim bite was active, but the only species of any size was a 14 inch Catfish, caught & released, on a grey with red metalic speckles short plastic worm. Worried about the dorsal fin spiking me, had better also be ware of this lil mighty catfish sure was mad & did bite real hard, way harder than i had never ever experienced. Mostly I have been able to just lip down hold most even some larger catfish while removing hook with out any problem, not with that tough %#&%#&(* CAT fish! I retrieved my plastic worm though!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
They will find a way to get ya. The smaller they are the worst it seems. That is why my hands are always torn up. I specialize in small fish.

Dayton

·
Registered
167 Posts
When I caught my first 48 lb. catfish, I had my thumb in its mouth and held him in the water to release, like I do bass. Thought it would let go and swim off when it was ready. WRONG! Dang thing liked to took my thumb with him, when I got it back, it was a bloody mess. O well pay back I guess.[grin]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts