Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Friday off and went to Brunswick MD. I was on the water at
6:00 AM. Saw fish all over the fish finder in the deeper water. I caught 5 bass by 8:30. All were caught on the Yammie Senko.
Only two were over a foot (13 inches each).. whenever you hook into any smallmouth, they all fight like crazy.

About 9:00 I ran my jet lower unit into a rock and f'ed up my boat. Luckily, I found a great welder who welded up the cracks in jet outboard lower unit. I got lucky in that I did not have to buy a new lower unit (cost $1500). $ Damage for the welding was $120. I should know better than to run around like a wild man in the rocks. Well, that put a damper on the day. I left by 10 AM.

I put the lower unit back on and I am ready to try again.

The Senko is one of the best lures I have every used. I am not getting anything on tubes anymore. I am hoping for a Upper River comeback. I remember catching dozens or even (over 100 fish) bass when I went to this stretch of the river 10-12 years ago. I should try to find some 2 inch power grubs in pumpkinseed.. Those were the ticket to a large number of fish in the early or mid- nineties.

Know I have electronics, a bass boat, more experience, but it seems I ultimately catch less (unless it is October or November)>

My best catches on the river for size was from 1997 through 2000.
Know water quality is down. I remember being able to see the bottom of river before the last couple years. maybe we need a new infestation of weeds. I haven't seen anything growing for aboout three years now.

[angel]

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never have. A man did catch a 3.5 lb walleye near Brunswick that I am aware of. Prime walleye area is west below dam 4 (to the best of my knowledge)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I fished the upper Potomac near Cumberland this past weekend and we each caught about 12 smallies, and I caught my first ever walleye, 24" and around 5.5lbs, it was truly awesome, caught it on a light purple/silver yozuri around noon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I fished the upper Potomac near Cumberland this past weekend and we each caught about 12 smallies, and I caught my first ever walleye, 24" and around 5.5lbs, it was truly awesome, caught it on a light purple/silver yozuri around noon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts