Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on recommendations received here, 3 buddies and I camped this weekend at Brunswick. We put our tubes in at Pt of Rocks and floated back to Brunswick on Saturday. Fished from noon to 5:00. Two of us had good luck on the smallies, catching maybe 18 fish each. Fish were 10-16". One of the other guys caught 6 smallies and the other had 1 and a bunch of sunfish. The hot lures were a green/pumpkin seed tripple tail grub and a purple flake grub. I lost a bunch of lures during the 1st half of the trip while my buddy was nailing quality fish. After switching to the purple flake grub, I began to out fish him on the second half of the trip. I caught 7 fish just out from the campground that morning as well so it was a real fine day. The overall quality of fish was better than what we normally find on the Shenendoah. Only downside was the train traffic running through the night making sleeping difficult. Would definitely return to teh area again though.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice report SS. Glad you and your buddies found some quality fish. I know what you mean about the trains... I've camped near PoR and experienced the same.

Did you float & fish FROM Brunswick to PoR ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I shot the Brunswick to P.O.R. run this weekend my self. Me and a few buddies did a kayak trip down river. Good smallies, not big but fun. Good for the head!!! Most fish on Tubes and small poppers by way of a 7 weight fly rod. I know, big rod, but fun.[smile]

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking a a map, it looks like we put in around Sandy Hook and floated TO Brunswick. I was in the back of a pick-up and had no idea where we were going. Driver said PoR, but obviously wrong as we didn't float upstream

·
Registered
764 Posts
Sling,

You weren't floating up stream. If you put in at Sandy hook and floated down to Brunswick. Point of Rocks would have been further down river from Brunswick about another four miles plus or minus - a very nice float in itself.

Guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts