Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
580 Posts
That's the story I don't want my wife to read! Bull and sandbar sharks: The people who got eaten in 2001 were eaten by one bull and one sandbar shark. Still think they are harmless? I read that the bull shark is the most agressive second only to the great white. You should be safe anyway in your yak unless you fall out or reel a big one up close to your boat. If you get one and you really want to keep it, paddle in to shore with it on your line and land it from the beach.

Tom

· Registered
580 Posts
All of what I said was really meant in a light hearted manner. I wasn't trying to question anyone's judgement. In fact, I wouldn't mind fishing for sharks from my yak. In fact, you could hook one in any number of locations and not know it until you got it to the surface. I had a huge ray on Saturday that could have been a shark. If I had one I would cut him off before I got him beside the boat or I would paddle in to shore and then bring him in. I don't think you are in any danger unless you try to boat it or fool around trying to unhook it or something.

Good report.

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.