Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Left the ramp at PLO at 7:30 am in the crisp 27* morning air.Had River Crab (Scott),00 KeyWest (Johnathon) and Don. Ran toward Smith Point light on 1' chop from the east.
Here is Johnathon with his biggest rock to date. You guess the weight of the fish. We did not weigh it on a scale!

Here is the captain sharing a banana with rock fish number 17 of the day!!!Yeah -they're bad luck alright.

Here is Johnathon with what he thought at the time, earlier in the morning, was a big fish.

Here is Scott with two at once/he claims it was a 72 inch rock.

Johnathon again with a fish that was about the size of all of the fish for the day.

Here is Don with number 21 / we ended the day with 24 fish to the boat and 8 misses/long line release.

Sorry for the delay in getting the photos to you. Also, just learning so the photos are out of order.

Most fish caught near 37* 52.672 N 76* 09.302 W Chart. daisy chain with a 20 oz Mojo on wire 115' back was hot.Alot of bait near these #s and fish under the bait.Only had 6 rods out all day.All got hit.A few on the only white bucktail out.I love a low pressure bite.Left them biting at 3pm.Water temp was 46*.Saw fish/bait on the way back on the meter in 55'.Cold,rainy and rough-rockfish weather at last.

Be careful when you are out there. There were nothing but tugs and ships in the area. These numbers are approxiamtely 12 miles southeast from the ramp. This is a long swim back if anything goes wrong!!!

Skip

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Well, I can say that he had good HOs:) ------------------------

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
OK guys-there are the photos.THANKS Rem 1224 for the late night bail out.Next post will be better.

Hammertime-my wife and my nieghbor were trying to help me post the photos.

Skip

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Ya get any measurements?

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Skip, That's one heck of a day fishing. Nice going. As for the big fish, I caught one last weekend that weighed 38# and your fish makes mine look small. I'd guess 45-50+. Hard to tell from a photo. Did you measure it at all?

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Leon-it was a good one.Got a quick photo and let her go-had other fish on.She wore Scott out and Johnathon had to finish pulling her in.I don't like to use a scale on them-I feel it does damage to their jaws. Skip

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had a great post ready-then it got erased when I tried to add the photos.I added some details to the post.Yes-I left the boards in.Set baits at 8:15 and had fish by 8:30.Only 6 rods.2 on downriggers-40 and 50 ' deep.2 wire line 20 oz Mojo followed by a daisy chain or bucktail 115' back.Umbrella with 10 oz 200' and a 13/0 Gold Cripple Alewive back 320'.Everything got hit today.1 triple header and 2 double headers.No need for the boards with such a good bite. Skip

1 - 20 of 47 Posts