Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a tf party of what was supposed to be 4 this morning. on my way to the dock i got that "i gotta cancel call", down to three now. well let me tell you, that guy missed out big time. left the dock this morning with jamie(fatjimmy), his friend john, and tommy(tommytech). headed out in the fog to find 1-2 mile visability. got to 40 ft of water and started to set a 22 rod spread. got 10 lines out when the 350 goes off. john is up, a nice 34" comes aboard, johns first rockfish:clap: well we got the rest of the spread out and really went to work. next it was tommy's turn bringing in a nice 38" to the boat. up next was Jamie, well jamie got off to a bad start. he had this condition where every rod he touched the fish got off.:D he said he was quick releasing.:rolleyes: any way, i think after the 4th time he got his fish to the boat. crews' limit by 745, now time to go looking for bubba. a few fish later, we got a nice lean 39"er that john got so we decided to put him on ice. well the day went on with steady action most of the day. sometimes we had 2 or 3 on at once and one time we had 4 on at once.:eek2:with a crew of three. we ended the day with jamie getting revenge pulling in a nice 44" mid 30lber that we put back for another day. final talley on the fish was 18 bites with 13 landed. even had tommy at the wheel for about an hour and he managed to raise 4 fish. it was 2-1 color wise with chart. out fishing white. most fish came off board rods, i think we had 5 bites off the boat rods. whether was nice, crew was even better. A+ job today guys:thumbup: you worked for your catch.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Great report! Thanks for submitting it, and congrats on those cows! :bigfish:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Helluva morning, what else can ya say? Thanks to Capt Kyle for keeping us busy cranking fish all morning! I had to "quick release" a couple early or this fat boy woulda been wore out! :pp Hell, i'm wore out anyhow!
Seriously though, pictures don't lie and those pictures tell a pretty darn good story. If ya wanna seriously get on some fish, give this dude a call, he's the real deal. :thumbup:
Thanks again Capt- hopefully we'll do'er again real soon! :rockon:
Best of luck this weekend. Jamie

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Jamie,Tommy, et all,

Good job!

A few pix of feesh we caught on Strikezone today also.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jamie, thanks again for the trip, i had a blast cutting up with you, john, and tommy. what a bunch of characters. you guys made the trip!!!!! looking forward to another one.

i run 190' on each board. got to if you want to fish 7 rods on each board.

·
Registered
717 Posts
jamie, thanks again for the trip, i had a blast cutting up with you, john, and tommy. what a bunch of characters. you guys made the trip!!!!! looking forward to another one.

ditto- and you aint seen cutting up yet, hell, just wait until I get to know ya! :yes:

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
:clapping2: - nice catching :thumbup:. Thanks for the report-sounds like the guy who bailed missed out on alot of fun.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Capt. Kyle - I had a blast on your boat. Thanks for the great trip. I really learned a lot. I hope to get out there with you again this year.

Jamie - It was nice fishing with you again. Now we have to try it on my boat. It was nice to meet John. I think he's hooked now :thumbup:.

Dale - Thanks.

Dave - Nice fish.

If you guys want to get put on fish, give Capt Kyle a call. He's willing to share all of his knowledge. He even let me drive the boat :D. Below are a few videos of our trip.

Here's a double hook up.
YouTube - Double Hook Up

Here John with a nice fish.
YouTube - John Hooked Up

1 - 20 of 26 Posts