Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got together after work at the small craft launch in the Pohick Bay Regional Park, VA.
This was my first visit even though I live close to the park.
I fished for snakeheads. It seemed there were many snakeheads. I had a strike once when I cast to a fining snakehead. But couldn't set the hook.

We caught many bass and a snakehead. To me, Pohick Bay is one-lure fishing place, at least that evening. Each of us was using one or two favorite lure for both Large Mouth Bass and Snakehead.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, those snakeheads are UGLY!
I kept saying this to people contacted me: "Don't judge a book by its cover"
Seriously, snakeheads are VERY good eating fish. Firm white meat without fish smell. Jack caught many snakehead but it was the first time he ate. He said it was delicious such like other anglers ate them.

The best part of the snakehead fishing is "TOP Water strikes". I am going fishing again this evening. I am trying to capture the moment of the snakehead strike on the surface.

thanks,
joe

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice report. Sounds like you guys had a good time. Did you venture far from the ramp?
No,
We just crossed the river. Snakeheads strike better during high tide, I and feet of water. My friends learned. target them in 6 inch- 1.5 feet of water.

It's tough with a big boat. Any bass boat with electric motor will do it.

Thanks,
Joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts