Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Redfish and I fished the first time for snakehead. There were many big LM and snakehead in the creek. Sight fishing is possible if you can stand up.
Redfish caught a snakehead. I caught 3 LM and hooked but couldn't land two 4 pounder. It was good place for fishing for LM and snakehead. Though, the place can be very crowded during noon and afternoon. So fish very early or late.

BTW, Redfish and I fished Bay Bridge on the following day. Redfish caught many striper on BKD. I am preparing video for his catching bay bridge striper. This video will be entertaining.
Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Nice video, Joe. I fished in the afternoon with a bunch of other kayakers and didn't have any luck until the evening. No snakeheads for me, only bass.

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Thanks for the report and video! I went to snakehead fishing with a friend a few years ago on the Potomac, it was insane man. I'd rather not have the invasive species in our waters, but have to say they are one mean fish!

Thanks again for the report and video:rockingreport::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brandon,
My friend ate the snakehead. He said, it was small but a lot of white meat (and roe) on it. He said it is a tasty fish. I am planning to try one more time with a kid in my neighbor. I will post about the taste if I catch one.

Thanks,
Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts