Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the small Virginia town where I live, the GM dealer went under a few weeks ago. Yesterday, the Ford dealership closed. All that's left is Chrysler. Sad.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
George that is sad.

I guess it's all the Republicans fault.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They've managed to get by for nearly 50 years and no new dealerships have opened within at least 60 miles for at least the last 25.
Your analysis, as usual, is worthless.

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Compare the number of big 3 dealerships with those for Toyota or Honda. It is redily accepted in the industry that the big 3's excessive number of dealerships are one reason that they fail to compete.

Go to Tysons Corner... your view from the sticks makes you look foolish.

·
Registered
276 Posts
They've managed to get by for nearly 50 years and no new dealerships have opened within at least 60 miles for at least the last 25.
Your analysis, as usual, is worthless.
I am sure they did not fold overnight. The owner should have had a rainy day fund or savings to get his business thru the lean times. Since he was open for nearly 50 years I would think a smart business man would have saved something. To that reguard he would have also seen a decline in sales over the years and planned accordingly.

Perhaps he cashed out and retired. Fishing sounds better than selling cars. :clap:

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
do people on this board (RF) have their heads in the sand in regards to the ecominc issues??

RF, how do you explain the closing of my local Honda dealership?? There isn't one for more than 30 miles, in a different state. As much as you try to hide from the problems, we are screwed. At least us non tour guides...

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Perhaps he cashed out and retired. Fishing sounds better than selling cars. :clap:
Certainly a possibility, but I seriously doubt it. Actually, they were in business for 82 years. Can't see them "cashing out" and permanently terminating a dozen or so employees two weeks before Christmas. That's not how things work around this neck of the woods.

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
do people on this board (RF) have their heads in the sand in regards to the ecominc issues??

RF, how do you explain the closing of my local Honda dealership?? There isn't one for more than 30 miles, in a different state. As much as you try to hide from the problems, we are screwed. At least us non tour guides...
Please notice i said one of the major factors.

Too bad you're more interested in your attack than a discussion.

·
Registered
14,877 Posts
Plaque blockage again etoufool?

Nice dementia rut to get caught in......rock and make up things about the nurses relatives?

You won't get your walker back like that!

LOL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts