Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a heads up everyone. I for one never beleive in any warm-up in Feb and Mar.doh

There is a chance after it being 70+ degrees on Friday that by Tuesday we could have snow and cold in our backyard?:eek2::eek2:

I will continue to monitor the possible snowstorm and will update on this post over the weekend.

Hang in there. If it does happen it will be here and gone quickly. The overall pattern moving forward into early March is for above normal temps. Where I'm concerned is mid to late March, going into early April for the cold to return?

Phil (lily):yes:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I have forwarned my friends of your prediction for a repeat of 1993 winter. They laugh at me for saying late march and april could have snow. Hope you were right or my friends will think I'm a nut.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
kidz. You might want to read my post again. I said cold, not snow. Its tough once you get past mid march to have any snow of any significance.

I hope we are both wrong. I love winter and snow but after March I'm ready for Spring.

Now it might snow Monday night and Tuesday morning but it will be a wet snow that might put down a few inches? Still way too early for any prediction out of me. My saying still goes " 60 hrs."

Phil (lily)

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Say it isn’t so Phil, I hope to get the boat out Sunday and Monday and if it’s going to snow that means I have to put the cover back on the boat….Thanks for the heads up and I will stay tune for more updates.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update this morning.

Looks like a warm breezy showery monday, followed by a cold snowy and windy Monday night and Tuesday AM? There is going to be record temp departures. We could drop 30 degrees in just a few hours on Monday night.

Its going to be a 2 piece system.

I will continue to monitor this upcoming storm and update everyone as new information comes in.

Be safe and make sure if you fish today or over the weekend to lower your outboard, to insure there is no water trapped. The temps will drop very quickly and it will be in the 20's Tuesday morning.

Phil (lily):yes:

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
:thumbup:
There will be no more snow!:yes: That's because I put away my snow shovels yesterday, so there is NO way we can have any more "appreciable" snowfalls.:thumbup:
I put mine away also.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Some new information has come across my desk. This 2nd piece of energy is showing up stronger and stronger on all model and ensemble runs? Its stating that we could have precip amounts @ .50 to .75. This could mean snowfall amounts on Monday night and Tuesday morning could reach 6-8 inches in some places north of the track of the low pressure. As of now this includes Baltimore and surronding counties. It will also be very cold and breezy on Tuesday as the storm passes.doh

Again, I will monitor its progress over the next few days and will update on this post as new information comes in.

Hope to see some of you at the PSG on Sunday morning? I will be there @ 9-10 am.

Save me some oysters!They always seem to be out when I get there?:nono:

Phil(lily):yes:

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
70* on Friday - 20* on Tuesday. Holy change of temperature - Batman.

What's that old saying about Md weather ?
If you do not like it - wait a couple hours.

Lily - Stop by the WAF tables ( outside ) and say Hi. Good chance some oysters and chocolate donuts will be there.

·
Registered
293 Posts
man snowstorm like when i abort to start ait on tuesday not cool. tried of winter this year. it been a cold and windy winter at sill and now i at lee hope spring make a show here so later when i get pass or leave built up i can do some fishing.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts