Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know a place close to Richmond that sells a rigged snood line? Or is online the only way to get one. Looking for 300' spaced at 6' thanks

·
Registered
823 Posts
2nd that, 300 ft is short enough you could make it up in less than a few hours, not worth the expense of paying someone else to do it. You can customize it to the spacing you prefer and always buy a little extra fuel hose so you can re-rig ones that get damaged or lost. Also from my limited experience inspecting pre made snood lines most skimp on the running line itself. I have yet to see anyone selling anything thicker than 3/8 inch when it comes to the line itself. I'm sure its available, but I would go with either the Lock tite or soft lay in the half inch. Costs a little more but will last twice as long in my experience. Not intending to knock those who pre make these for sale but also I wasn't impressed by the leader lines, buoys, or anchors that I have seen with complete rigged lines. Do a search on here or on Blue Crab Forum for instructions how to set them up. Spend the money up front on quality (50 ft) leader line and buoys for each end.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses I really wanted to make it myself.. Time allowing and give it a whirl. Just having a hard time sourcing materials this looks great thanks

·
Registered
963 Posts
I have a 1200' soft lay snood line with 2 baskets I would like to sell. I bought it a year or 2 ago and never used it. I would just like to get my money back.
Not to jack the thread, but thought it would be useful, ready to go line.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 1200' soft lay snood line with 2 baskets I would like to sell. I bought it a year or 2 ago and never used it. I would just like to get my money back.
Not to jack the thread, but thought it would be useful, ready to go line.
Thanks for the offer but I'm in VA and can only use 300'

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My busines
5,151 Posts
Polecat whats the best way to order from you?
Sorry for the delayed reply; I had double total knee replacement surgery Tuesday 7/28 that put me out of commission for a while.
Best way to order is to call me at the # on the web site.
Thanks.
Crabbing supplies at wholesale prices: www.crabbingear.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts