Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a charter today and we tried to beat the storm. Welll we did have a charter but we didnt beat the storm.

Started a little early to catch the out going tide so we scouted around the 4A area and marked some bait, but decided to head north a little and look around.

Put out lines and nothing but dogfish. Decided to put out the trolling spread and nada with that. So we headed back through the snow and ice and went back to our starting area.

Seemed like that was a mistake, and it was sleeting hard and had gotten very cold, said half and hour more and we are heading to the barn and then,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, first rod goes off and its a dogfish. then the other rods go off and its on..

Ended the day on a nice note with a some nice fish and some nice release papers.

Largest was 46: didnt weigh her just measured and let her swim away.

not a nice day for fishing but a nice day over all.

Tight lines and following seas.

K & C- WGAF

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Nice report Lyle, sounds like you worked for 'em. Remember, White Giraffes Are Fierce!

·
Registered
7,198 Posts
Sounds like a typical winter day!

Lyle...I'm sure that you were out there just a thinkin' that, "Is this a blessing...or is this a curse? Will it get any better.....or will it get worse? I don't know much but I do know this.....weather like this leads to frozen p......!"

Glad that your dog day turned out better in the end. I made wood chips trying to fashion a duck's butt out of some Tupelo Honey!:D

·
Registered
303 Posts
WTG LYLE,being by the fire sure was warm yesterday sipping on a hot toddy wondering if i was missing out,good job on putting in the time.white rare giraffes are fierce.

·
Registered
36 Posts
WTG !! We were out there from CH to Ramada yesterday as well. Unfortunately, all we did was mark fish and burn gas. The weather wasn't to bad. We left LC at 1330. I think we got out too late. We did see about 4 to 5 other boats out but nobody reported catching anything. We stayed with it till about 5:30. Nothing , Oh well at least we were out there.
I also think we should have left from Owls Creek. Then we could have tried down by the Golf Ball as well.

I thought the weather report said seas to 3 ft. NOT !! The seas were 1 ft and light winds. I was eating breakfast at Mahi Mahi watching the water and it looked too good to pass up. I guess the fish where watching Da Bears !!

By the way what time did the bite turn on.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We heard there was an early bite but we didnt want a boat load of chumming passengers so we opted for the late shift.

Bite never got hot and bait was really scattered, we didnt start catching till around 4 and were done by 4:45. We just happened to be drifting in the right spot at that time it seems.

Ketchup and Critter, those damn white Giraffs can be very fierce especially if you interupt their play time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts