Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my spot near rva which is usually mediocre to so so. Brutal canoe trip to spot in driving rain but jumped some geese as I made my way in. Good sign. Shooting time came and went and didn't see or hear a duck first 20 minutes. Was 2nd guessing myself doing all that work in miserable conditions when here they come. Already locked up when I would see them. First pair pitched long but 2nd pair did perfect. Dropped one and missed 2nd. 30 secs later, another pair. Dropped another. Getting to retrieve and here comes another pair. Dropped another. Now I have 3 stone dead in decoys, 2 belly up. I retrieve them and wait another 30 minutes and bag a single. Decide that's enough for me and pack out without educating too many birds. Back at truck by 830 and dry and on road by 845. Great solo hunt I almost talked myself out of. All my buddies were busy or didn't want to fight the elements. Probably not smart to solo hunt in that weather at 55 years old but damn glad I did. With another set of eyes and another gun, Coulda been epic. Best duck hunt for me in a few years.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, 5 shells for 4 birds. In last goose split went 3 for 4, all with 2 3/4 1100. Steel 4s. Have half a box left. Just waiting for the horseshoe to fall.out my ass.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried em yesterday morning in the cold but had no water and no wind at first light. Saw some birds but by the time we got some tide and wind picked up, they had kinda stopped flying. Oh well, still a beautiful day out there. Waiting on goose to come back in.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sunday evening day morning currently looking like target hunt days. Selfishly hoping everything freezes up north of fredricksbug for last couple of weeks of season. Long damn time since that happened.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sunday evening day morning currently looking like target hunt days. Selfishly hoping everything freezes up north of fredricksbug for last couple of weeks of season. Long damn time since that happened.
Sunday, Monday morning

1 - 8 of 8 Posts