Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Bottom fishing can be quite good on Thicket Point Bar just downstream from the Birthday Cake beginning in May. Across the river, the Cornfield Harbor to Point Lookout are also good with occasional flounder of legal size.

I wouldn't expect anything quite this early.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is great stuff - keep it coming - I need all the help I can get [wink]

Just curious, is there any action at the feeder end of Yeocomico?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Lodge, I'm on the Coan, just below you. I have no experience in the Yeocomico but, in the Coan, there is excellent White Perch fishing in shallow water in the summer months. I use very light tackle with a white, very small, bettlespin. Cast near the bank and around brush, pilings and rip-rap. At times, I use live grass shrimp fished under a cork. In my opinion, this is the best eating fish in Tidewater. Filet and fry. When the weather is too bad to go in the river, this is the way to get your dinner.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I live on the Yeocomico real close to Krentz. The Coan Ranger is correct. You can always get perch in the shallows. I sometimes fish feather jigs off my dock to catch them.

Also, you can fish close to the markers by Krentz and the red one that leads is at the entrance to the North Branch for pretty good sized croaker mid summer. Other areas mentioned are right on target too. Give me a shout some time when you are on the water.

Forgot to mention.....as the CR said, catch grass shrimp for bait.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts