Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that waterfowl is over with the exception of snow goose.

What's everybody up to?

I haven't been to the harrisburg show in years. Is it still the first or 2nd week of Febuary?
I might do that this year.

I've applied for my elk tag in Wyoming again, but the area that I apply for is a trophy area. Getting a 330 to 350 bull is the easy part. The draw odds are less than 5%. Getting the tag could take a lifetime.

If I don't draw a elk tag I might go back on another mule deer hunt this year. Draw odds are a ton better. Last years odds were 100%.
I got a nice 4x5 with a 26" spread, but I seen a true 30" buck. It would be nice to find him again this year.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Well, I have 3 more days of bow season that I'll enjoy to the fullest. Then a couple pay for Pheasant/Chucker hunts up in PA, it's hunting, of sorts. Tree rats are still in season, so I like the stalk and just being out. Make a pot pie. Weekends, a trap shoot or sporting clays here and there. Sometimes I get the guys over to my wood shop and we fire up the wood burning stove, cook a bunch of stuff. Hot glue cheap asprin to a piece of plywood, set it out @ 30 yards and have a contest shooting a Beeman .177 pellet gun, off hand. No bench rest cheating. When you hit one it turns to white smoke. We don't hit many, but it's the food and company that makes the day. Lots of things to do. Then the BS/total lie sessions about past shots that have been made are the best. A 150 yard, standing shot from 1990, is now, in 2007 a 375 yard shot on the dead run, right thru the neck, stone dead. I hang out with a bunch of liars, aka hunters and fishermen. What good friends, thank you Lord. T.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I still have a couple water blinds and some fields in the RP zone so my season isnt over just yet. :D turkey season is just around the corner.

·
Registered
557 Posts
It's a circle. Bow season, then gun , then back to bow. Then trout fishing, then turkey hunting. Then trophy rockfish, then crabbing and fishing. Then back to bow again !!!! The fun just never ends !!!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Polarized

You stole my thunder. Throw in a few fish and gun shows and that about sums it up. Still three days of bow in gale force winds though. Good luck out there.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
Harrisburg show starts this weekend Feb 3rd Loads of fishing gear on sale this season.. If you have never been look it up online and you'll get the idea just how big this palce is. Great time.

-Jason

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Come on guys the nutria shoot never ends. The marsh freezes nutria are on top of the hard top and the shooting is on. Just be careful they tore through a pair of waders last year on me. DNR used to pay you...

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Polarized an Ryaosn hit ot on thehead.

Here's My schedule from here on out.

Right now tree rats and crows are still in, squirrels until 2/28, crows until 3/15.

End of February early trout stockings start followed by the White Perch run in Mid March, Spring Trout opener 3rd week in March, followed by Spring Gobbler and Rockfish opener in Mid April. By then everything summer related starts to fall into place, inclusding crabs at the end of May early June, By then it's almost time to start looking forward to Squirrel opening back up n Early Septmeber and Archery opener on Sept 15.

And so on and so on and so on. It never ends.

Somewhere in all of that there is work and children's sports.

Chris

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
where do you crow hunt

I use to crow hunt as a kid, what a blast it was. where you do crow hunt around here?

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
There is some public land in Howard/Montgomery County that I hunt known as Patuxant State Park. It's on the broder bweteen the two counties.

Unfortunatley, over the last few years the interest has grown and the birds are call shy and very cautious around the decoys. It doesn't take them long.

I'd really love to find some private land to hunt them on where the pressure isn't as great. They're smart birds with VERY good eyesight. I have hunted them at Tuckahoe State Park on the E. Shore off of MD 404, but not in a couple of years and when I was there the pressure was much lower.

Chris

1 - 11 of 11 Posts