Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didnt want to get beat up so we elected to not go bayside..headed up the Big P...lots of boats but no one was doing squat. we stopped a few places...nota bite. Headed up to the rt 3 bridge and spotted lots of bait balls on the right side, didnt troll but it might be a good place to start. bottom fished with bottom rigs until i decided to change up from blood worms to shrimp. wire rigs still werent doing anythings. So i just tied a 2 oz sinker on the end of my fireline...went up 3 to 4 feet and made a loop. put on a small read hook and threaded a whole shrimp on it covering the hook. cast away from the boat and immediate hook ups, repeadedly, first was 2 lb croaker, then 1.5 and then a 2 then a 1lb. ended up with a nice mess for dinner. we were on toms boat JUST PEACHY. then tom tried the same thing only a 3 foot leader. 40lb cow nose ray. after a 30 min. battle we cut him off. tide slacked and the bite quit. but i thought someone might want to try the no rig set up that i usually use for trout. just loop a hook on the line with no leader.. you can feel every bite. ;-) Dave

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hay mac and sherry...sure do miss you guys. How s the back mac? As usual im out there pluggin along. let me know if you guys want to go out. Im off every sat and sunday. but thats usually when it blows its arse off like this weekend. we went to wolftrap on sunday. like being in a washing machine. caught blues and small sea bass(black willies). skipper tom got sick. saw a bunch of chickens bee hiving....trolled for about 20 min..nothing. beautiful all day sunday but steady wind. are you over at smithfield yet. take care:fishing2:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts