Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt go. Got the firewood all staged and stacked, Halloweened the house, got everything re-organzied for cold wx, yatta.

I have the fall Togtober trip to Lewes next Friday. My last crabbing trip on Miles will be next weekend probably. But fishing isnt over yet.

What did you do this weekend???

OH, anyone get any oysters yet? Geese are flying in too, BTW.

DB:rolleyes:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Crabbed harris creek picked up a good half bushel in 3 hours best was 11ft also picked up half bushel of oysters from hand tonger in the creek

·
Registered
47 Posts
Crabbed the South river for the last time this year. 1200 ft trot line and about 28 traps. 1/2 bushel in 4 hours. Some minimum, some really nice. About 50-50 line vs traps. Traps in 8-10. line 10-12. Best year ever.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Put cabinets out in my garage and stacked firewood taking a look at the top of the trees every 30 minutes thinking "It might not be too bad out there" maybe I could give it a try. Never build up the courage to go and try.

·
Registered
717 Posts
DB- crabbed back further in the West than we wanted due to the gale force winds, but still managed about a bushel and a quarter of jimmies. 1,200 ft of line and a couple of traps, slow going, a surprising # of light ones still, but they sure do taste good this time of year.

Also got a basket of oysters from Sheckell's there in SS, not going to mention the price, but very tasty none the less. Not a bad day whatsoever, might have been the last trip, I don't know. I've still got enough bait for 1 last go, we'll see? :thumbup:

·
Registered
783 Posts
It was a great weekend to do some work around the house. I earned a bunch of kitchen passes for the hunting season.

·
Registered
825 Posts
worked around the house, I got a bushel last weekend and i have'nt had the itch to get more since then, i'm sure the itch will be back my wednesday :yes: may try one final trip this weekend

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
I fished on the Severn but saw 5-6 crabbers between the bridges in 12-15 feet.They looked bored - did not see much dipping going on.

Got a dozen fresh oysters last week from a work boat :yes::yes: MMMM GOOD :thumbup:.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First Time I have ever seen a post where all are on the same page!

Thanks for the replies. FJ, Glad you scored crabs and got some bivalves.

I am picking up Oysters and clams for my Tog trip to Lewes this coming Friday. Tailgating at its best!

Sat-Sun- hitting Miles for crab,perch and Rock. Just an experiment,since there is no life in this river.

The cool down is going to change things quick. I know I have another basket O Crabs though to get from the creek.

BOL all!

A few pics from Dads. Boys and Ms B. #1 must have had focus messed up.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,160 Posts
West River still gave.... went out @8:30 came home at noon 1 bushel=56 crabs very bucnh I'll post some pics tomorrow, just got back from the game GO REDSKINS!!!

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
DB- crabbed back further in the West than we wanted due to the gale force winds, but still managed about a bushel and a quarter of jimmies. 1,200 ft of line and a couple of traps, slow going, a surprising # of light ones still, but they sure do taste good this time of year.

Also got a basket of oysters from Sheckell's there in SS, not going to mention the price, but very tasty none the less. Not a bad day whatsoever, might have been the last trip, I don't know. I've still got enough bait for 1 last go, we'll see? :thumbup:
Last trip? :nono: Send me a note Jamie.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Put on my kilt, went to the Ren Faire in Crownsville today. Oyster shooters and smoked turkey legs...MMMMMMM

·
Registered
404 Posts
What did I do

Relaxed....celebrated my wife's 54 birthday...we are both Terp Alumni so we watched them KILL Wake on Saturday..............Today was just too windy for me to go out and try crabbing or fishing. Ravens were also on.................Go Purple. Since I retired I generally avoid going out to the public ramps on weekends.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It sounds like all had a decent weekend!
More to come!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Friday

Dave,

I got a jump on the weekend. Took off work at noon Friday and crabbed Cox from 2:00pm until about 4:30. 1200 ft line and ended up with just shy of a bushel. Water temp was back up from a week ago at 70deg.

They're still there go get um...

·
Registered
290 Posts
wanted to crab sat. to windy so i trimmed tree's took it all to the dump cut the front lawn and went to a beer+ brauts party sat. night. sun. wanted to crab to windy,so i srubbed the bathroom for the wife since she's out of town and cut the back lawn. after that me and my son and brother bought a bus. females - 60.00 steamed them and whatched the game and race.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ND,

I plan to go Miles this weekend. Thanks for your report.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Crabbed the Wye on Friday, was doing good till the wind got me, and then had a hard time running the line with a crosswind. Got 3/4 of a bushel with the biggest 8 3/16. Moved up the river to get out of the wind, but that also got me out of the crabs. Looked like the folks I saw at the ramp did good with traps. Heading back out Tues. to the Wye if the wind is OK , or I'll head to the Pax.

Dennis

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good Luck Dennis. Lookin forward to a follow up on how you do.

From NOAA:

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Breezy, with a west wind 6 to 9 mph increasing to between 17 and 20 mph.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts