Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put the boat in the water around 7:15. Ran out toward the HI buoy and put out our 10 rod spread today. It was a little rough that is why we only used 10 rods instead of 14. We caught a total of 4 fish. The days started out slow and we did not get our first hit until around 10:00 it hit our boat rod 28 ounces with a chart umb. I was pulling the leader in and the big fish made a final run and pulled all the leader out of my hand which created slack and bam the fish was gone. So now it is about 10:30 and the youngsters are starting to grumble but convinced them to hang in there. Then from 11:00 to 12:00 we landed the four fish pictured below. The two big fish came off of the planers one a white umb and the other a chart umb. The two small fish came off of roof rack rods one chart umb back 320 feet and one white umb back 220. The boys were all smiles as they had both caught the big fish and the two dads only caught the smaller fish. The big fish were 41 and 40 inches. The smaller fish were 34 and 32 inches. We had everything packed up and on the trailer by 1:15. The boys had a great time and as a Dad I really enjoyed passing the fishing bug onto my son. Hope to be out there this weekend. Good luck.

Image of fishing with the boys 111108_2 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Image of Fishing with boys 111108 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Joe Heber

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Congrats Joe:thumbup: Way to get the kids hooked while they are young. I'm sure the litttle guys will be talking about this trip for some time...................Mark

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Way to ruin kids the good way the future of the sport

·
Premium Member
26,252 Posts
Your boys deserve credit hanging in there :clapping2: - looks like it paid off big time :thumbup:.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts