Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My good luck charm Flounderman Chuck was busy drifting Plantation Light this afternoon so I got some eels and headed to the Highrise solo. Left LC at 1530, got there about 1630 to a bee-you-tee-ful sunset and only about a dozen boats spread out. So I had a good choice of pilings to pick from. Got anchored up about 5, then reset about 5:30 after the tide picked up a little.

About 6:10 got my first one on, glad the tide wasn't running hard or it would have been tough handling the leader and the net, but in he came at a fat 40". About 15 minutes later the next one was on, again thanks to the slow tide this one wasn't much of a problem either. He wasn't as fat but went 43 inches. That fat 40 was still real lively in the well so I had to throw him back.

Culling 40 inch fish is a good feeling.

I gave it about another half hour and the wind picked up out of the east. "Wind in the East, fishing is least", so I pulled anchor and was back at LC before 8.
:rockon:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
WTG teembo I guess you don't need that lucky charm do you:D Congrats on landing those solo:clap:

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
that's a sweet fish. WTG

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Great Catch!

Tim,
WTG Tim,
A fine catch indeed especially by yourself.To bad I was already out:fishing2: earlier otherwise I would have gone with you.

Hauling in those big Stripers is certainly a job but you handled it well. :thumbup:

It ertainly was better catching those Big ones than the smaller ones we have caught lately,HUH?:D

Nice work!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts