Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So got the boot off my buddies boat and decided to go solo on mine. Got some eels and decided to try the highrise. Left MS at 2:45. On my way out to HR saw sum birds working past the fourth ocean side. no boats either!!! I decided to see what casting could produce. 1st cast fish on. 36" and fat. in the box she went. I had a little struggle landing the fish. Its kinda difficult when you got a good size fish and noone to help net. Needless to say it was a sight!!! I continued to cast as other boats quickly approached and began trolling. It was fun to watch bc the trollers were getting small fish all in 20- 28" range and evey fish i got was over 30". Ended up keeping that 36 and another 35". didnt even make it to high rise to eel!!! maybe next time. Bottom line. my buddies who booted me got 4 fish. My solo mission got me the fish i was looking for!!!!! So if anyone every needs a boat to fish on PM me!!

tight lines.
DeMasi

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Chesapeake Bay Fall Season .........................................................October 4 through December 31
........................................Minimum Size Limit..............................................................18 inches
........................................Maximum Size Limit * ......................................................... 28 inches
........................................Possession Limit - October 4 through December 20...................2 per person
........................................Possession Limit - December 21 through December 31..............1 per person

* 1 fish of the 2 fish possession limit may be 34 inches or larger; no fish may be kept between 28 and 34 inches.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well just for the record i totally forgot about the 1 fish limit. 1st time solo. thanks for reminding me though. everyone makes mistakes sorry thought these boards were for honest reports. guess i will just shut my mouth next time.

·
Registered
643 Posts
well just for the record i totally forgot about the 1 fish limit. 1st time solo. thanks for reminding me though. everyone makes mistakes sorry thought these boards were for honest reports. guess i will just shut my mouth next time.
Before everyone jumps in his ass.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
i have a tendency to jump peoples a$$, but you did admit you forgot. but to say i never shoulda said anything is probably not the right frame of mind. it could have been a coasty or marine patrol brought it to your attention.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I almost made the same mistake but I decided to read the reg's again and noticed the only one large fish. Not sure why people make such a big deal out of a simple mistake. I guess these are the people who never speed or break any laws mistake.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey just wanted to sat thanks for all the support. Honestly i know the regs just forgot when i was by myself. I used to fishin with a couple of commercial guys. I appreciate everyone opinion but like Bryansfish said while everyone points a finger at me look at your hand because there are 3 pointing back at you. everyone makes mistakes!!!

·
Registered
140 Posts
demasi, don't feel bad, by posing your honest mistake you probably have done a few of these TF guys a favor and prevented some fines...Just don't tell any bald eagle hunting stories and I think everything will be okay...

·
Registered
372 Posts
If this Demasi is the one I used to work with, I don't think he would knowingly keep them if it was against the law. Give the guy a break. Chris shoot me a PM if its you.

Terry

1 - 20 of 23 Posts