Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally put in at Ches Beach ramp, but have troubles getting my radar under the bridge at high tide. Not to mention I want to check out the fishin around the 'gas dock' area. (This is my first summer in the region) Can anyone tell me how far of a run it is from that ramp to the Cove point region. Also, is the bait store at the ramp itself open? I have tried calling with no answer. And where are the spot hitting around there? Any help would be appreciative. Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
They do carry bloodworms but its a small store and they ran out one time I needed them. Bunky's Tackle Shop is a little past the ramp entrance in Solomons ( http://www.bunkyscharterboats.com/home.html ) but it is a pain to turn around with a boat and trailer once you ar ethere. I'd advise picking them up on the way if possible.

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
If you are trailering from north - might want to consider Breezy Point.

I launch a 27 foot Grady with no trouble - seen even larger boats use the ramps.

Clearance is no trouble - straight shot to bay - maybe 200 feet.

Gas Docks are about 13 miles south - on clear day you can see them once out of jetty.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
If you launch from Solomons you can dock at a public dock about 1/2 mile from the launch and walk across the street to get bait from Bunkies. You will see the spot fleet from the bridge to the mouth of the bay. Last weekend we were catching them on the southern side of the channel in 35 feet of water.

Good luck!

Steve

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you are trailering from north - might want to consider Breezy Point.

I launch a 27 foot Grady with no trouble - seen even larger boats use the ramps.

Clearance is no trouble - straight shot to bay - maybe 200 feet.

Gas Docks are about 13 miles south - on clear day you can see them once out of jetty.
What is the spot catching and bait store situation at Breezy Point?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts