Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nice to be off on Monday with a beautiful day to boot. Launched the boat before sunrise and started the day with jigging in mind. Well cedar point no takers, hoopers island bridge no takers. Run further south and changed over to trolling at 72 a and finally fish on. Nothing big however we caught fish. 6 rods 2 at 50' with 24 oz white and chartreuse umbrella next 2 rods 70 and 80' 16 oz with double chartreuse storm lures and the last 2 rods 100 and 120' back with 8 and 6 oz buck tails and more storm lures. All rods caught fish about 20 all together from 16" to about 24". The bite slowed after lunch and We Pulled the spread. On the way back west of hoopers light house diving birds and we stayed in the area for about 2 hours lots and lots of small stripers. Still a lot of fun on light tackle. Hope to get out a few more times before season is over
Good luck out there :clapping2:
Sönke

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thank you for the report. Can you tell me what depth you were running ? And werr you marking fish. Thank you again. Dave Z

·
Registered
636 Posts
With the exception on marking fish i think he explained the depth part pretty well! Great report! It's gotta light up there soon! Keep going after them and you will find the biggens as soon as they arrive, if they arrive. I think between last springs slot limit and the amount of bait that had been in the bay it should be great. Albeit not many large bunker but we can thank Omega for that

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i was fishing in 40 to 70 feet around. trollling the edges of crabpots and back west past marker 72A. Best bite was in about 50 feet of water,
Hope that helps
Sonke

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just wondering, we fished between Broomes Island and St. Leonard Creek. Seemed all they wanted was spoons. Buck tails and twisty tails were a waste of time. What did ya catch your fish on?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Regulator 24
Chartreuse strom lures did the best 3and 4inches double rigged and on the end of chartreuse and white umbrella rigs
later breaking fish only wanted blue/silver sting silver and silver lil bunker spoon. Plastic was ignored
Hope that helps
Sönke

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.