Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Left from the ramp at Solomons at 7:00am and headed for HS bouy,was met by some chop at mouth of the Pax.Got within 1 mile of the bouy and started marking bait and fish,so over the boards went.Started putting the spread out and hit a snag that broke the rubber band and than the 50lb braid off a board line,set that to the side and put the rest of the 14 rod spread in the water.At 8:30 we hear that sweet sound of ping!(rubber band breaking)and the rod is doing the "fish on" dance,after a short fight a fat 36" 20# fish is in the box.A few minutes another rod goes off and a few minutes later another one in my hands, about a 34",I look a my cousin and say "I'm throwing him back" :eek2: <---- This is the look I got.Just than with fish in hand a deep boat rod starts the "fish on "dance and quickly the 34" is released,another short fight and we boat another beauty:bigfish: 39" 22#,good to go with the overs.Steady pick the rest of the afternoon including two deep boat rods hooking up almost simultaneously.We did manage 1 slot fish at 27".All in all we hooked up about 20 times,boxed 3,missed 2,1 below 18" and 2 came loose and safely released the rest.To say it was an awsome day would be an understatment.:clapping2:

·
Registered
956 Posts
I sure wish you guys would open the pen so some of those fat Maryland fish could find their way into Virginia waters.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts