Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today was a crew of 4 that consisted of myself, a friend of mine, Dave(spynet000), and Taylor(smithbros). we left the dock at 615 with a 25 degree temp and a steady NW wind. we headed for the fishing grounds and at 703 we started setting lines. managed to get all 21 rods out with out a bite, 2nd time this year, but it wasnt long after that. we made our way across the channel when the first fish hit a boat rod up top. Taylor made quick work of the fat low 30 inch fish. as we circled around i saw what appeared to be a few charters headed our way. nothing unusual. we made a pass back across the channel when we found some steady action. ended up getting our limit in the boat by 830 with a few other bites by 9. now getting back to the "charters", wrong, these guys were dropping drift nets and i couldnt get away from them. no matter which way i went, these guys would cut me off. seemed like every time i had a fish on, they must have seen it because they headed right in front of me. this really put a hurting on our fishing as it slowwed down fast. we ended the day with 13 bites, landing 9 nice stripers, and 2 unders to add. today the bite was split 50/50 between the boat rods and the board rods. just about everything on the boat rods got bit, from the deep rods to the medium, to the top. color didnt seem to matter. all in all we had a good day, i think it would have been better if not for the net boats. oh well, good friends, good times, and plenty of meat in the box!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Great day of catching over / unders:clapping2: We had several ferocious boat rod knockdowns that were hook bending blows:eek2: Here is what Kyle found in the belly of the 28'' butterball...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good question, if we can get it passed that the striped bass be a game fish, it would ban netting.

·
Registered
264 Posts
see learn somthing new every day....stripers are not considered a game fish? how exactly do they seperate fish classes?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Knew something like the last post was coming. You'll find a way around the netters. Maybe a smoke screen or something.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
You want to ban something, they should ban you guys from killing all the breeders.
22 posts in 3 years. And this contribution comes as a backhanded bit*h slap. Wow... TF never ceases to amaze.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
and what do you want to be the rest of his posts were all useless trolls also???
Why dont you take a look at his posts, and let me know how they were... and I will give you a nice big banana for your troubles. :D:D:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts