Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite the hot action right out front from me (bay bridge area) I decided to make a trip to Solomons for a change of scenery. I picked up my buddy gw204 on the way down and had my son with me. It was a very slow day. We landed only 4 fish with the largest going 35". I wasnt getting the bait marks that I got in the bridge area and it was just hard to find any kind of regular action. We landed a 34 and a 35 in the afternoon two passes of one area but it died after that and couldnt find the bite again. I hope to fish at home on Monday.

Despite that It was a cold day outside (21 degrees when we left the dock), I had the enclosure up and heater going. It got almost too toasty in the wheel house :pp Despite the slow action it was a Nice day, comfortable day on the water with my friend and son.

·
Registered
738 Posts
nice report. Glad you found some fish as it was tough ou there yesterday. early morning bite was the best . I know what you mean about being toasty,those buddy heaters are worth every penny. The guy's on th cc's are true men. I couldn't do it

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Two fish in the morning were deep on white. One tandem and one umbrella. Fish were smaller too one was probably 22" or so and the other a not much over 30".

The afternoon fish were on the surface with solo light chutes out 220 and 250. One on white and one on green.

We ran a 9 rod spread all off the boat.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I fished on the Goldfisch with Capt. Dave Fischer. We were at the HS bouy. We got our limit of 5 overs and two unders. All but one were caught on Tandems on the board lines. One under was caught on a deep umbrella rig off a boat rod. White was the hot color.

The biggest fish was 40", 26 pound. The rest of the overs were between 35" and 39".

Saturday was a beautiful day in Solomons.

·
Registered
13,938 Posts
B- faithful, That is a great boat to fish from in 20 degrees or 80 degrees. If all you wanted was fish..........the cost of your boat would have bought a ton of fish:clap::clap: Glad you had a great day with your Son and friend..............at a new venue!.........Gary

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice work md. Sounlds like the boards were hot from the talk on the radio too. I am just too lazy to pull boards and sold mine a year and half ago. I may pull them again in the spring when I have crews to help. I think with the very cold water that the fish are coming to the surface at the height of the day to sun themselves to warm up. I found them high earlier in the week when all but one fish came on my shallow rods.

Crabby, I think I now have the PERFECT boat for fishing the Chesapeake Bay. We were very comfortable.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Greg, I always look forward to fishing out of Solomons...nice change of scenery. More importantly congrats on having your son join you for a nice long day on the water. PRICELESS....fish or no fish.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
We were just south of you between 68 and 72 manage only 1 37" fish on white off the boards.
We were fishing in the Atlantice Volunteer fire department tournament, and first place was 52.9# second place was 48# so there were some big fish out there, I think on the tangier side on eels.

rumour has it some guys manage a upper 50#'s at the cbbt yesterday that they were checking in today.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts