Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And you know who you are. Lets see "nice fish but you are holding it wrong" lets get those things they use for hurt dolphins to land a big fish. # 2 " wow what a hog BUT that drag should have been tighter 35 minutes is a long time to fight a pregnant woman oh fish". My wife got me a new watch to go running with I am going to set it at 25 minutes and if I have not got that fish of a lifetime in SORRY cut the line:thumbup: . I just think its funny how we become experts on things when someone outdoes us. Let these guys who have surpassed the majority of us have there moment and lets not throw a jab or two to try and discredit what a great catch they have. You telling them what you think just make you look jealous. I cant wait to reel in a 50 pounder and grab it by what ever comes out of the water first and hold it up for a picture. I will probably let it go and it will probably make a full recovery

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
I agree! The best one is "it was caught on a broom stick, thats not REAL fishing" or "Trolling is fine, but I prefer fishing" That one gets me laughing

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
I have to agree....this board has become critical of any fish you catch....I tell my guys...when we take this pics..make sure everything is right or I'll have to answer a bunch of questions..........:D
jealousy is an ugly thing......like you said...these guys are proud...happy etc...and get their bubble busted....... :nono: ...Good Post BTW

·
Registered
11,257 Posts
I agree! The best one is "it was caught on a broom stick, thats not REAL fishing" or "Trolling is fine, but I prefer fishing" That one gets me laughing
That's me Capt. Nemo,I'm one of those fishermen,guilty as charged.I'm glad it gets you laughing.Life isn't worth living without laughing.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Oh so true! Conservationism run amuck! Our soceity has the speech police, the political correct police, and now the fishing police. Several years ago my 8 year old son caught a 34lb striper and someone wrote me because in the picture the tail was dragging on the deck of the boat!!!

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
I'm wish some of the self righteous pr!cks would chime in. I agree, but what fun is that?

Bert

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I have saying the same thing for years on this board. Amen brother. It get's old getting razzed by a bunch of folks whos boats aren't even in the water yet.... Friggin desk jockeys....

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
The (fill in the blank) police usually get my (sarcastic) humor going too.

Can't help it really. Prolly just a "shake my head" thing between decades of experience, and the (all about me) generation.

Fishing was fun in "my day", and it continues that way.

Don't let the (internet) police keep it from being any more fun than it ever was.
:fishing2:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Another critic heard from.

Now, that's a way to bash the helpful people here, and encourage them to offer more help.

Get out in the sun a little more....toughen your skin a little.....the banter, jokes, humor, poking, and jabbing is what fishermen do, when they are not catching fish.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.