Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Is that THIS Friday?

Weather looks good for a yak-pickerel excursion, and I'm much more inclined to do that then sit in a car and go look at stuff I can't buy.

Interested? This is provided I get clearance from the Cruise Director at home....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, its January 26th (still two-and-a-half weeks away).

I just figured with the recent discussion on last years show I'd start a thread for this years show.

But I could be up for a pickerel trip this Friday.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'll be there peddling my artwork for the weekend. Stop by the booth for Dietrich Bros Rods (bamboo) in the back end of the isle that has the food court and say hi! I promise not to try to make you buy anything!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bunyan sez "I promise not to make you buy anything".
Well, yeah...but then he'll get you to cast one of Wyatt's rods, and you'll end up buying voluntarily.
Along with Heidi, Bruce and Deadly Edly, I'll be there Fri and Sat, a willing carcass for the jackals to pick...I can hardly wait !
DF

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Wow, it's the one thing i'll miss, moving out of Md. Had developed some friends in the NE, esp a sponsor, T&T Rods. I will miss seeing Tom Dorsey, a real stand up guy from the Maryland area, went to the U of Md same time frame I did. However, there's a ton of shows in Fl, just not the size of Somerset, nor specialization to fly. Maybe there's a couple, just havent found them yet.:D
Just a footnote, found some Billy Pate Reels there last year better then 1/2 off. Keep an eye out and you can get some kick arse deals. There's some decent deals on tying material just have to be careful of price. Good luck, make sure to watch out for that danged exit off NJ turnpike, man that place is a pain to get too.:confused: Ive had the unfortunate to miss it a couple times.

·
Registered
208 Posts
One other thing to remember - if you'll be looking for a s/w rod, be sure to bring a reel and the sink line you plan to use. Everyone has F lines for their rods, but I don't think I've ever encountered a dealer who had a sink tip for demo, and if you can find a dealer who has a home made T14-spliced-to-trimmed-sinking-line to be used as a demo, I'll buy you a beer and a couple of show hot dawgs! In fact, bring your own reel and line, F or S, for anything you specifically want to try. Lots of booths have one or two lines of each weight, but they can all be out on different length/model rods when you show up. You don't need to confine yourself to your own rig if there's a pre strung outfit, but your own reel and line keeps you from having to wait for someone else to come back. This, of course, not only provides you with the truest test, but also saves you time better used for - what else - trying more rods!
DF

1 - 12 of 12 Posts