Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:thumbup::wahoo::boat:dohEvery year in the 90's and up thru about 2005 we would make our one time a year trip up to the Surry Nuclear Power Plant discharge channel to fish for cat fish.doh:clapping2: It was always the weekend of easter or the week before or after depending on the shad/herring run.:thumbup::yes: Anyone out there did or does the same thing??? We would get a few shad and use them as cut bait and catch some pretty good size fish. :yes::pp:rolleyes: What the drawing card is the warm water being discharged and it is just full of fish parts from the shad and herring which manage to get into the intake of the plant.dohdoh Well that is what we were told.:yes::high5::pp All we did know is that the cat fish were there at that time of the year.:fishing2::wahoo: Anyone trys it, make sure you give us a report.dancedance:hammer::wahoo::gossip:

AC

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
No but I am aware of it and have heard of folks that do. Word has it the plant really chums up the herring & alewives and the hot water discharge makes for a comfortable temp with a buffet.

Andy, I used to fish here alot: http://www.gibbonscreek.com/fishing/default.aspx
This is a power plant reservoir, coal-fired, warm water discharge. The discharge was famous for cats especially the colder it got. I went there for good crappie fishin. This was the place that put out more blacknose crappie than any I've seen. About 55 miles from my home in Katy, TX, and not too far from Bryan/College Station. (Texas A & M)

·
Registered
827 Posts
No but I am aware of it and have heard of folks that do. Word has it the plant really chums up the herring & alewives and the hot water discharge makes for a comfortable temp with a buffet.

Andy, I used to fish here alot: http://www.gibbonscreek.com/fishing/default.aspx
This is a power plant reservoir, coal-fired, warm water discharge. The discharge was famous for cats especially the colder it got. I went there for good crappie fishin. This was the place that put out more blacknose crappie than any I've seen. About 55 miles from my home in Katy, TX, and not too far from Bryan/College Station. (Texas A & M)
My granny used to live east of there, you might have seen her,full blooded Seminole looked just like granny from the Beverly Hillbillies, drove a 37 Chevy PU with shotgun propped up beside her, never went over 25 mph!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.