Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my first good trip to this reservoir since moving back to Baltimore from Crownsville. Still miss the scenery there though.

Started at the north side of the lake and only got a perch, but saw a number of sunfish of size that would not bit lures, flies, or trout bait. Also saw a bass in a downed tree that would probably go about 6lbs. Unfortunatley, I didn't have any plastic to throw at it, but I suspect this spot holds many large fish.

Ended up at the middle of the reservoir later in the evening where things picked up. I managed to catch two very large yellow perch, two smallmouth and a pickeral in about half an hour. One of the yellows was the largest I have ever caught and even ran my drag out. Also lost another nice pickeral.

Anyone else have luck? The fish still seemed to be moving slow.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
There is not much better than a fish pulling your drag. Congrats on your new personal best. Sounds like a nice afternoon.

Dayton

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
were you fishing from shore?

I haven't been there in two weeks. Others complain about crowds etc but I still like fishing there alot. I've caught 2 of my biggest fish ever this year (only been freshwater fishing for 3 years)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah,
I was fishing from shore and it does get really crowded there. Most people seem to throw the standard lures though, so if you find something a little different it seems to work well. Also, if you do some exploring, you will find that most people are not willing to put out much effort to find a spot. That has lead to some of my best days. For instance, I took my fly rod there after work to a hard fished area and picked up two nice bass in about 10 minutes. Or a couple years back when we had the drought, I picked up some trout at the top of the reservoir where is looked devoid of life. Also have seen some poaching which doesn't help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went out on the Loch Sunday. On the way in (3pmish) I counted something like 24 boats visible from the main body of water. Insane.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts