Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rush limbaugh turned himself in today to be arrested on prescription drug fraud. his lawyer said this shouldn't have happened, 'cuz he's "addicted". but, didn't rush himself once say that all addicts and drug abusers should do "hard time"? hope he tells the judge that at his own sentencing, so as not to be a hypocrite, with all that talent on loan from God.....bwhahhaahahahahahahahahahahah.......had to catch my breath.....bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I heard that DA is going to dig up Elvis and charge him too - - -

can you say Floriduh ? ? ?

BW
BB

Oh! and it is better than a "plea deal" the DA will drop the charges after 18 months.

Palm Beach, FL – April 28, 2006 – In response to media and other inquiries, Roy Black, Rush Limbaugh’s attorney, released the following statement today concerning a settlement agreement with the Palm Beach County State Attorney’s Office to end the investigation of Mr. Limbaugh:

"I am pleased to announce that the State Attorney’s Office and Mr. Limbaugh have reached an agreement whereby a single count charge of doctor shopping filed today by the State Attorney will be dismissed in 18 months. As a primary condition of the dismissal, Mr. Limbaugh must continue to seek treatment from the doctor he has seen for the past two and one half years. This is the same doctor under whose care Mr. Limbaugh has remained free of his addiction without relapse.

“Mr. Limbaugh and I have maintained from the start that there was no doctor shopping, and we continue to hold this position. Accordingly, we filed today with the Court a plea of ‘Not Guilty’ to the charge filed by the State.

“As part of this agreement, Mr. Limbaugh also has agreed to make a $30,000 payment to the State of Florida to defray the public cost of the investigation. The agreement also provides that he must refrain from violating the law during this 18 months, must pay $30 per month for the cost of “supervision” and comply with other similar provisions of the agreement.

“Mr. Limbaugh had intended to remain in treatment. Thus, we believe the outcome for him personally will be much as if he had fought the charge and won.”

The actions taken today are as follows:

The State Attorney has filed a single charge of doctor shopping with the Court. The charge is being held in abeyance under the terms of an agreement between the State and Mr. Limbaugh.

Mr. Limbaugh has filed a plea of “Not Guilty” with the Court.

The formal agreement between Mr. Limbaugh and the State Attorney will be filed with the Court on Monday. The terms of the agreement are substantively as follows:

Ø Mr. Limbaugh will continue in treatment with the doctor he has seen for the past two and one half years.

Ø After Mr. Limbaugh completes an additional 18 months of treatment, the State Attorney has agreed to drop the charge.

Ø Mr. Limbaugh has agreed to make a $30,000 payment to the State of Florida to defray the public cost of the investigation.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Why is "Wanting-to-get-a-Rush" only paying $30,000 to "defray" some of the costs of catching, processing and trying him. Hand him the whole damn bill.

·
Registered
12,819 Posts
I think they state broke a federal law by raiding his doctors office
with out a warrent the case should of been dismissed.And by they way I`m no fan of Rush or Oreilly,both are meatheads.
[wink]

·
Registered
474 Posts
i'm sure Rush is having a hard enough time with the Pills, seen a lot of that stuff, i feel for addicts, been in lots of pain and know 1st hand how that stuff makes ya feel(no worries mate).

i would never tease one about their addictions, they already got enough problems.

·
Registered
474 Posts
look i'm addicted to cigars, thats bad enough,

i can go to Rite Aid with buck and settle my craving.

those pills, thats en easy trap to fall into.

yea he did shoot his mouth off, but i stiil feel for the guy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts