Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left OC at 4.45 headed right behind the Cigar looking for that 70 degree water. Got a ride with Barry(twoxFour) on his GW 27' Sailfish. Connor(C-Note) and Marty(Fish Wagon) rounded out the crew. 75 miles:eek: later we dropped lines just below the 000 in about 200 fathoms. Found a nice temp break of a .5 a degree upto 67 and bam, long is screaming. Fight em till we see color, just get the wind on crimp through and he makes one last run. Crimp catches a loop guide and he is gone. Throw the lines back out. About ten minutes later, two on. mine comes unglued and all the pressure is on Connor to find out what these fish are. Get em up to the boat and its a 44" BFT. Nice fight, glad we got some pullage, but let's get some meat. Put lines back out and triple on. All 44-45", so back they go. Figured we needed to head further south so we headed away from are mark and bam, another one hits the deep secret bait. %&$%$&^. Draw straws and Barry is up. Another schollie. trolled south all the way down to the 850 and couldn't find any warmer water. It actually got colder. Figuring something was better then nothing so we head back to our mark and caught two doubles and two singles, one on the wind-on planer, (damn I love that rig). Just missed a keeper by 1", and man was he fat. Pulled lines at 2.15 and we were back at the dock by 5. Nice day, small seas, fun crew, and pullage made for a fun saturday. By the way, the bft hit mostly baits fished real far from the boat.

Final tally
9 for 12 44-46" BFT

Cmac

·
Registered
976 Posts
Got my fix

Hadn't fished since end of February due to Fishfinder problem. Got it back from Lowrance last week and got a case of DT's from looking at all the reports. Put together crew of TF'ers Carson "cmax" Daly and big twin brother Connor "cnote" Rita and Marty "fishwagon". No, they're not really twins. They just look and act the same:clap
Just kiddin guys.
Report says it all. Great group of guys, caught plenty of fish, good weather, safe trip. What more could you ask for. Port o John you say?:clap:

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Nice going Carson & crew! Now that you've got the kinks out of your back and elbows are you ready to make a "meat" run?:clap:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
The ritas!!!!!:nono: Never again. Anyway, that was fun. Doghouse I did talk to you on the radio a couple of times. We were right next to each other all day. The coolest thing all day for me was when we had a triple on and about 10 schoolie BFTs came swiiming by at the crest of the waves just looking at us. And a monster mako breached right next to the boat. Well, we changed the spread around and went back to the basics and it worked. Just wish I had some meat.Barry your the man thanks a bunch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts