Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:I haven't seen any posts for rock in the Albemarle sound or off the rivers. Has everyone given up or just not talking about it? I fished Bennets Creek off the Chowan yesterday and limited out in about an hour. Got skunked today but only fished a half hour before the rain drove me off the water. Any reports on the sound appreciated.
Be cool and keep hookin'

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
follow up

fished Edenhouse Bridge this morning in the fog. We caught 1 dink about 171/4" and then pulled out and trailered to the Gatesville landing and fished the Chowan River. NADA. Friends caught a couple 19" at Bennets Creek in the afternoon. Where'd they go?
Bee cool and keep hookin'

·
Registered
33 Posts
Fish the Chowan myself during the late winter and early spring. I've fished the VA coast a few times this winter but have not tried the river or the Albemarle yet. Overall we've done ok so far. Did have one trip that the skunk was in the boat and we couldn't get him out.
What baits were you pullling when you caught the stripers in Bennets Creek?
Have you been fishing since your last post on the 27th?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey PCP,

fished Bennets Creek on the 28th but did not catch stripers. I did hear of 1 caught near the mouth at mud gut if you know where that is. We've been pulling grubs in 14' of water and were catching there for a couple weeks and then nothing. We've pulled stretch 20's & 15's in the deeper channels with no luck. I'm thinking of trying the inner coastal at Coinjock and into the North. Anyone had luck there? If so, what you pulling?
Be cool & keep hookin

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Birddog987,

Think I'll try there tomorrow afternoon and maybe run into the North. I'll post the results. Can't see trying in the Chowan, nothing is biting.:confused:

·
Registered
631 Posts
saw a guy at the waterfront ramp this afternoon. he had 3 fish around 20" caught at duke swamp.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fishing report

Flounderman,
I'm not familiar with duke swamp. Where is that? My plans got changed and didn't have the time to drive to Coinjock so tried again close to home. Put out at Cannons Ferry and fished Kilns Creek and south throught the stump beds. moved back up river to the island and then into Bennets Creek. Marked fish all over but nothing caught. Had several hits but no hook ups.

·
Registered
631 Posts
duke swamp is almost across from the c.g. base, if you put in at the waterfront going out the river you have chantilly bay on the left then duke swamp, its on the camden side of the river. look at a chart or gps. today there were fish caught at the sewer treatment plant, the rr trestles and pecan farm from the info i got today. pearl storms,deep diver rebels and smithwicks. 19-22" nothing big but fun on lite tackle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Flounderman,

Fished Duke swamp and down river on the Camden side Sunday afternoon. No water to speek of, deepest part along the shoreline is 5' and running out to deep water (11') flat bottom and no fish. Talked to some boats near the bridge and nobody was hookin up. I think I'll stay on the Chowan, don't have to drive as far to get skunked.

·
Registered
631 Posts
i dont fish much here after the big runs of fish are over. when they're here i try to fish everyday. now i fish va for stripers and trout. have you been to the hot ditch?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts