Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to Southern Shores next week for a family vacation and am towing my 17' Whaler down. Was going to try some Sound fishing for pups and/or trout if they're around. The house comes with a pass to launch from Southern Shores Marina (Guite Creek?) which is just north of the Wright Memorial Bridge. Is it worth fishing this area (Currituck Sound) in August or heading south to the grass beds around OI? I was thinking of trying early in the morning and using gulps and maybe try casting the shoreline and around docks. Any suggestions on where to try? Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I just checked it out on the chart and Kitty Hawk Bay looks good. Hopefully we'll be able to find some fish. Plan is to fish early before it gets too hot. And thanks for the heads up on the skinny water. Was checking the chart for the ride down to OI and can see what you mean.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Early spring Kitty Hawk Bay holds trout and puppy drum, not sure about late summer. You could always trailer down to the inlet or Pirates Cove if you didn't want to run the sound.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Get a redfish magic spinnerbait and put a gulp on it - drag it slow across a drop off or oyster bed and you will catch trout reds and flounder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts