Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the paper and it said 2 boats were stuck in the inlet due to shallow water. It claimed the storm is too blame and apparently some commercial boats have moved to New Jersey permanently because of the shoaling. Watch the depth around 10, 11 and 12 buoys. Bob

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I read today that the Army Corps of Engineers is going to start this friday on dredging out the inlet and harbor area. This is response to many fisherman complaining that the inlet is 90% closed.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well I read today that the Army Corps of Engineers is going to start this friday on dredging out the inlet and harbor area. This is response to many fisherman complaining that the inlet is 90% closed.
Not sure about the news being reported... to me it seems it's the commercial harbor and sunset marina that's having a problem with shoaling, not the inlet... The USCG has stated the issue is between bouy 11 and 12... as stated in the LNM 08/16

MD - FENWICK ISLAND TO CHINCOTEAGUE INLET - OCEAN CITY INLET - SHOALING
Mariners are advised that shoaling has been reported in Ocean City to depths less than 6 feet in the vicinity of Buoys 11 (LLNR 4755) and 12 (LLNR 4757). All mariners are urged to use caution while transiting this waterway.

Chart 12211 LNM: 08/16

The yellow circle is the issue... so no big boats going to commercial harbor or sunset marina until they clean it out... but I'm not seeing any other notices regarding the inlet...

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts