Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas, I know that there must be a cheap source somewhere to find some layered foam to use to make a homemade archery target. I have seen homemade jobs before, but have no clue where people have gotten the foam. For anyone who has ever been to the indoor archery range at BPS, you will know exactly what I'm looking for. If anyone has any info, it would be more than appreciated. Thanks in advance fellas.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Buy a target from BPS. Not to be a smartass. But I have tried making "cheap" homemade targets and have never come close to the foam like in "the block" or 3D targets. I have tried foam insulation sheets. My arrows ended up melting to it and it was a pain to pull them out. Straw bales are okay but they wear out real fast. Then your arrows get the fletchings ripped out. If you can find something cheap thats works well let me know.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Try the Morrell's.
I shot them last week with a friend who has tried many and he said it is the best one for the money.
Here's the link to Bass Pro...now on sale for $29.99.

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=54513&hvarDept=400&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=13&hvarSubCode=10&hvarTarget=browse

·
Registered
156 Posts
Fellas, all you need is a few straw bails and some plastic wrap like for construction use. Wrap the straw in the plastic and take a bander and band it. it works wonders. Oh, I almost forgot. You need to go to walmart and get one of those cheap square targets of foam and put inbetween the bails and plastic. Works wonders, Happy shooting!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts