Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking the family to South Nagshead (Milepost 19) July 9 - 16.
Can anyone provide help with the following:
1) How is the Outer Banks Fishing Pier about Milepost 18 ?
2) Can you recommend a charter captain for the Sound side of the Oregon Inlet ?
3) Can you recommend a few spots to put in a boat on the Sound side of Cape Hatteras National Park ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I can help w/ #2!

I have fished with all of these guys and they are good!

DOA (www.doacharters.com/index2.htm)
Rock Solid (www.rocksolidfishing.com/index.html)
Beach Bum (www.beachbumfishing.com)

While I have not yet fished with these, they are also good!

Flat Out or Fly Girl (www.outerbanksflyfishing.com/index.cfm)

Good luck!

Ernie

·
Registered
399 Posts
I ONLY stay in S. Nags Head! The outer Banks pier is where I learned almost everything I know about pier fishing and fishing on the Outer Banks.
The pier is not as long as it use to be but I fish it most every evening about an hour before the sun goes down til after dark. Bluefish on gotcha plugs most every night. You've got bottom fishing for whatever and live baiting for Kings and cobia. Eddie in the pier house IS the man. He has been working on the pier I know personally for about 30 plus years. He will tell you if its worth even trying.
Ramps are easy, Oregon Inlet fishing center has free ramps which put you right into the sound, 10 mi drive maybe. On the other side of the bridge towards Manteo across the road from pirates cove marina are free public ramps that put you into the sound 5 mi. drive. I use Oregon inlet because I can get tackle bait etc. in the fishing center.
I have only chartered the offshore boats to fish on but I do here that DOA is a good charter, Ifyour want to fly fish then go for FLygirl etc.. Most of those boats all dock at Oregon inlet anyway so put your boat in and at the end of the day you can check into whos available, they tend to get rather busy this time of the year.
Good luck.
Another thought you might try driving over to Wanchese and check out the couple of little marinas, you might get a better deal cause these guys are off the beaten path.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Aaron on the Rock Solid is awesome, went out with him a few years ago with my Bros and Dad. He fishes a center COnsol, We have alsobeen out several time with Will and Vivian on Sinbad. They are in a larger SF

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kiko 13, old town angler and Rock crusher, many thanks. This will get us to a great start. Thanks for sharing your time and your knowledge.

Sam 215

1 - 8 of 8 Posts