Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, this year I'm keeping the boat in the South River. I am looking for specific locations on the South River to bottom fish.
I want to take the kids out, and am not overly concerned about size or species. I just want a reliable location or locations to have some fun. Any oyster beds or structures in that river? Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

·
Registered
14,071 Posts
Hello all, this year I'm keeping the boat in the South River. I am looking for specific locations on the South River to bottom fish.
I want to take the kids out, and am not overly concerned about size or species. I just want a reliable location or locations to have some fun. Any oyster beds or structures in that river? Any help would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.
Try marker #6 adjacent to Selby Bay. It is an oyster bottom and holds perch, spot and croakers. Top & bottom rig with #4 hooks with blood worm and 1 oz sinker....................Gary

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try marker #6 adjacent to Selby Bay. It is an oyster bottom and holds perch, spot and croakers. Top & bottom rig with #4 hooks with blood worm and 1 oz sinker....................Gary
When you say marker #6, do you mean outside the marker in the shallow, or inside the deeper channel? Which end? Toward the bay or toward the Rt. 2 bridge?

Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Marker 6 sits on the edge of an old oyster bar. Take a high low bottom rig with bloodworms , clam snouts, peeler crab and drift the drop off. Plenty of perch, occasional rock, maybe croakers and spot.

Y,out can also fish with bobbers and bait in any of the creeks around dead falls and piling for perch.

·
Registered
14,071 Posts
C'mon man. Just go to marker 6 and look on your meter until you see the fish. Fish have tails and they move around. I got you on the oyster bed...............Gary

1 - 5 of 5 Posts