Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stayed at Scheible's Friday and Saturday night with my brother Phil instead of camping at Pt Lookout this year. I guess we're getting old. At any rate we saved time setting up and breaking camp and got to watch Penn State whoop Wisconsin and the ALCS on TV last night.

As for the fishing, it was ok but kind of slow I thought. By the time we got down Friday night, we only had about 2 quick hours to fish the Pt Lookout shoal area with 1 small striper and 1 small blue. As it was getting dark I did lose a fish on a Hopkins, felt like something good too darn it.

Even though we got to Scheible's when the restaurant was about to close, Miss Kay brought us bowls of delicious Manhattan Crab soup. Mmmm mmm. We slept good that night.

After a big breakfast we headed over to Buzz's to launch. Talked w/Mike who gave us some tips about what was biting where. Originally I had planned to run across the bay but changed my mind and headed south to one of Mike's suggested areas. Good thing too because there me and Phil got into some action.

Here is my first Maryland caught puppy drum.

Then I got a 2 spot redfish

I went on to catch 1 more puppy there among 6 or 7 small stripers including 1 keeper.
The bite died and we looked around some more finally settling on an area a bit north where we filled our striper limit.

BTW, small blues were also part of the program. We got plenty BAs and sassy shads bit off.

The next day was only a half day fishing but nevertheless I was able to put Phil on his first ever redfish. We were happy about that and I felt like I had fulfilled my mission! :D Here he is with his puppy drum.

Then, soon after, I hooked up a 4 spotter!

It was a beautiful weekend and fun being on the water with my brother. I had thoughts of running all over the place fishing from spot to spot but time seems to have a way of passing quickly and before we knew it we had to go.

Special thanks to Mike for the tips and GPS numbers and to Christy for the hospitality.
Also it was nice seeing Ken(wedge) and Billy. Congrats on the big Spanish mackerel guys.
Tell Frank to put it back on the contest species list! :D

·
Registered
10,547 Posts
Nice job Timmy ! They pull pretty good don't they ? I've been tearing them up along with plenty of specks . Give me a call .

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
It was good seeing both of you. I am happy you got to catch some interesting fish. Michael and I are going this evening and I hope we have the same success! Christy

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Pretty cool Timbo! Sure hope these pups continue to grow up and come back each year. It would be great to have a viable red drum fishery this far north. Save us a trip to the CBBT:D

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Nice going, Tim! I'll be down there this weekend, I know where you were:thumbup: gets a bit shallow in there, eh? I'll be giving you a shout later this week.
Pat

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Jack - Thx. After hearing about your trip last weekend I wanted to try to get some of those puppys myself! :D

Mike - yup! Really is my brother! :D BTW, I've been reading your posts too and it sounds like you're having fun out there.

Mike Rose - I'd like to get some spec action next! Gotta put 4 new trailer tires on first! Luckily we made it home with one leaking air!

Christy - Good seeing you and Mike too! Always a pleasure!

Jim - I'm really looking forward to late Fall and Winter trips down CBBT this year. I'd love to get together for a trip or three down there with you!

Pat - Looking forward to hearing from you. I figured those who were familiar with the area would know where we were. I wasn't trying to "hide" the location or keep it secret. In fact, I'll share info if asked via bmail.

Jeff - yes! You're absolutely right!

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Nice pictures and report. I like it when people leave a little bit in the background so people who are familiar with those areas know where you were. :D

Did you all try fishbites, or something other than bass assassins to hook up on those drum, or did the assassins seem to do the trick?

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
WTG Tim on your first Md puppy that is great. Thanks for the great report and very nice pic's and I'm really looking foward to our OC trip coming up. :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Francis - BAs were the ticket!

Steve - I'm really looking forward to the OC trip. Go Team Geritol! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts