Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just want to comment on the outstanding service I recently received from southport boatworks.

My boat (28'6 Center console southport) was hull #27. Apparently they had to do a redesign of the transom well due to a sharp angle vice a wide angle in the well area. This caused stress fractures which were only cosmetic vice structural. Well..I got some stress cracks so I called the company and they took my boat and redid the transom as well as a few minor details that needed attention.

The boat was done last week but due to commitments the only day I could pick it up was Easter Sunday. So the company says they will have somebody at the plant in Leeland NC to deliver the boat to me so I could tow it back home.

I get there bright and early at 0800 and who is there to deliver the boat and go over all the work they had done...Alteon Herndon (one of the owners of Southport Boatworks). He goes over every detail of what was done and why and ensured I was totally satisfied prior to me leaving. They did a fantastic job on the repair work, were on time and even completely detailed the boat for me. Looks like a brand new boat...

So this is my public thanks for being a great new company and completely standing by their work. As Mr. Herndon told me, if they didn't stand behind their product after delivery then they wouldn't be a very good company now would they !......Bravo Zulu to them....Bob

Southport Boat Works

Team Still Think'n

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Glad to hear of the service...for a boat in that price range ($$) and the rep they are getting I would expect nothing less. Good to see the owners are smart enough to know they are getting a premium price so they should deliver premium service. Also good to see them admitting they have a design flaw and fixing it even on boats already sold. The 28 sure is a nice rig. The 26 is nice also but I feel a bit "cramped" on the fishing room side...but again, a very sweet rig.

Don't think I could ever afford a new one but that 28 could be a good one (for me) in about 3-4 years when there are used ones on the market :)

Glenn

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
They are one great boat company. I can't say enough about them and there boats outstanding!!!!!!! And the 26 has plenty of room all the way around I have had up to five people fish comfortably and all catching fish. You also need to take it for a ride one of the best rides around and I don't care what the conditions are.:clap:

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
My buddy has 1 of the 1st 26's and he's had similar feedback. He had a few larger issues, crack in the T-top tubing, engine shutter, and other minor issues. Last I spoke w/him they were going to take the boat back over the winter and go over her free of charge AND perform some upgrades. I've not spoken to him for a bit but he's been happy with their response. The fit and finish on them is amazing. I love the rod storage as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts