Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading down to Southport next week on short notice. Any info on the inshore bite would be appreciated. Planning on fishing from Lockwood Folley to behind Bald Head Island. Looks like cooler weather over the next few days should cool the water some.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I used to live down that way and fished those areas. I still keep in touch with some fishermen in that area. from what i get the trout are pretty much everywhere. you know how tight lipped trout fisherman are! their still picking up kings also.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Friday was very windy! We went anyhow and had a fun day. Only caught one speckled trout. Caught him in Elizabeth Creek on a penny colored Gulp shrimp. Here's a shot of him....

It was white cappin in the ICW. Tried again Sunday am. The wind was down and we headed to Buzzard's Bay behind Bald Head Island. It was absolutely beautiful and looked like the topwater bite might be good. Some pic's......

Tried a little bit of everything. Artificials under corks, topwater, MirrorLures. Nada. Saw several fish moving in shallow water, but they wouldn't hit anything we had. We didn't have any live shrimp. Still a pretty day on the water. One more shot of the day....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts