Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dave thanks allot for pulling me out of the hole! The flies look great !

Don't have allot of time to post but here are the flies and the Trout Bombs I make

This Friday's catch Sorry I blinked :)

How to rig the Trout Bombs

Attach the T.B. to your leader line
About 13/16" above the T.B. make a nice size dropper loop
Now Add a Dave Williams Fly and you have your setup

Very important in fishing this setup ! Slam the T.B. to the bottom and raise it up 45/60 deg
be very aggressive in this approach, this is an aggravation strike for the rock !!!!!!

Again Thanks Dave great stuff and the fastest delivery ever !

Mike B

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
699 Posts
You gentlemen certainly do very nice work! Clean, simple, effective! :thumbup:

Mr Burgess, I see you have some dressed with marabou, do you see any significant difference between the two materials, or is it one just works better on some days?

Have you used feathers, (saddle or neck) like are used on Tony's? Have you used other materials & if so, what are the details?

It's obvious by the pictures, what you're doing is working! :clap:

A little insight please! :clapping2:

·
Premium Member
17,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You gentlemen certainly do very nice work! Clean, simple, effective! :thumbup:

Mr Burgess, I see you have some dressed with marabou, do you see any significant difference between the two materials, or is it one just works better on some days?

Have you used feathers, (saddle or neck) like are used on Tony's? Have you used other materials & if so, what are the details?

It's obvious by the pictures, what you're doing is working! :clap:

A little insight please! :clapping2:
I have tried just about everything in the world but always come back to the same thing ! I use as well feathers here and there with good success ! But my favorite are exactly what Dave makes me !!! Key to fishing these rigs is aggression !!!!!! Slam that Trout Bomt to the bottom don't hold back ! :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
699 Posts
Mr Burgess, thank you for the reply! My inquiry about the feathers & other materials was primarily referring to the hooks attached to the trout bombs, not necessarily the teaser fly.

Now, my only other question is about the weight. How important is it? Looks like you have a range of weights. When do you use specific size weights?

Also, if you would, please give some details on the rod & reel combination you're using! I recall in a post I made awhile back about a rod, you said it was too heavy for LTJ. I have since purchased a much lighter version. Thank you for your input on that matter!

This has been a very interesting & informative thread! Lot of great info! I'm learning a lot from it & hopefully others will likewise! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
17,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
17,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts