Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
If your chumming with clams I've read that a chum fly of bunny strips palmered around the hook in grey works...I've had no experience, though

·
Registered
26 Posts
I use a little piece of light yellow antron dubbing tied on a #4 or even a #6 hook, They have a small mouth. Chum with diced up clams about the same size as the piece of antron, drift the fly back with a few pieces of clam after you get them eating. Hold on. They pull hard.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I used a 6wt with fresh clam. Fly was tied with piece of brownish/yellow yarn tied to small red hook. I was just falling asleep when the line started to run out. I had the drag set very low so not to break the rod in the holder. One of the best times I every had on the fly. 18 inches and 20 minutes later. Only one to catch a fish that day last year late in the season.

·
Registered
8,845 Posts
Probably no one wants to take a pic of a piece of yarn on a hook but I would like to see a fly for spades. This is something I am definitely going to do this year. I am not beyond putting a piece of clam on a hook on a fly rod but I would like to try flies too.

Anyone willing to show a pic of a chum fly for spades.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts