Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to change things up a bit and want to try for spades and triggers at the CBBT, any advice will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Charles

·
Registered
64 Posts
Spades are definitely around the cbbt, I've found most of the ones I've seen around the rocks, especially the rocks near the start of the tubes, if I were you I'd get set up on the side that the tide was running in to, the spades and triggers will probably be hiding behind those rocks trying to get an easy meal with all the current and tide flowing, or anywhere on the rocks like that, you'll definitely need some sort of attractant whether it's clam chum or busted up crabs, spades will want clams mostly but will eat peelers if you present it in front of them, triggers will eat just about anything, so I'd definitely get a few clams and a few crabs, very small hooks, and a good rod and reel, you will probably loose a few rigs with fishing around the rocks so I would definitely try and have plenty of tackle available and with you, good luck my friend, please do give a report if you catch any of either, it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Fluorocarbon leader will help as well; 15-20lbs. test.... Try fishing a few baits under a float and a few in the mid-range to bottom of the water column. Check your baits often and keep them fresh. You will also have better luck if you buy clams and shuck them as you need them; guts and shells serve as excellent chum. Best of Luck when you go!!

Zigh
><((((*>

·
Registered
64 Posts
1's work good, but I use 1/0's myself & extra strong hooks, they seem to work pretty good for all of the small mouthed fish (spade trigger tog sheepshead etc) , plus these fish pull extremely hard so with some hooks you might bend a few

·
Registered
64 Posts
Also, as stated fish 2 rods under a float & 2 middle-bottom, for the middle to bottom egg weights above swivels work great for these fish, helps to have the weight to get it to the bottom but not too much to where you can't fish it mid water column, those rods I would personally fish myself instead of rod holders, because they will get a lot more action than the floats but the floats do produce as well if the fish hook themselves

1 - 7 of 7 Posts