Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning fishing freaks! I was curious if anyone has first hand intel of Spadefish at the CLT yet? We are heading out tomorrow and trying to put together a trip targeting multiple species...It's either off the beach for BSB and other wreck fishes and then ?? -OR- Drum and Flatfish/ Sheepshead... Wind forecast looks excellent; hoping the rain will be minimal. Anyway, can anyone provide a fishing report for CLT or area Spades? Thanks in advance for any info and Keep 'Em Bent!!

Zigh
><((((*>

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thinking it is still a bit early for Spades. The water could do with warming a little more.
I visited the Brass Spike wreck last Friday on Scuba. Bottom temp 50F, plenty of BSB (just barely legal) and good sized Tog. Not a single flounder to be seen!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Which weather site did you look at?

I saw SCA with N winds 15-20 when I looked an hour ago.

I'd focus on the drum and hope for a big sheep. They have been by-catching some on clams fishing for black drum.

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
Ran by the CLT yesterday coming back from Norfolk Canyon and was surprised to see not a single boat fishing on this flat calm day.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I referenced Old Fishweather for my wind forecast...It was an awesome day in regard to the weather and winds...

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We had 50-60 Blues up to 5lbs and some Flatties with 3 keepers.... Keep 'Em Bent!!

Zigh
><((((*>

·
Registered
188 Posts
Good deal. Every weather site I looked at said it would and even says it is blowing 17 right now.

Hell they can't even get the current conditions right

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Referencing the 1st Island the forecast is close to the actual for direction and speed...
Forecast: 10 out of the N
Current: 8 out of the NNE
I realize that ALL of the wind forecast sites have varying degrees of accuracy. Old Fishweather is usually pretty close from my experience; and it's free.

Fish On

Zigh
><((((*>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts