Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Monday evening venture out of smith point over to the tangier island western target ship with the gear and the hopes for some trout action. My self and Fred Jett Taking a real hard look there were spades everywhere around the ship. Only arm with peeler crabs and small hooks we were able to convince two to bite. Fred's fish pulled the hook several minutes into his fight. I was able to land mine several minutes later he was a little over 22 inches just a beautiful fish.I return him to the water to fight another day as well as released paper work. We tried to do the turn around yesterday Tuesday evening with 22 dollars worth of clams but it nothing but croakers around the wreck. My advice if you venture to the area takes some clams or fish bites you just never what the bay my offer you. I am hoping for a big fish for the derby this weekend blue or rock I have no preference. See you guys at the check out boat. Good luck to all this weekend.

Max king
"Chesapeake Angler"

·
Registered
573 Posts
Nice fish-- im glad there finally in- if you saw them up there, they should definatly be bitin at the southern spots-- im gonna be out there tryin to get em this weekend-
congrats
JP
"KwikRelease"

·
Registered
956 Posts
Pretty fish Max. We sure are going to miss you know who. There is a photo of an 11lb11oz spade caught at Wolftrap last week at Queens Creek outfitters. Also a 72lb cobia caught at York Spit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've never targeted spades before--didnt know they went that far north. Do they stick around for most of the summer? Is the method suspending bait at the top of the water column?

any advice would be appreciated, i run out of coan river.

jake

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Spadefish

The big spades show up and bite for a week or two then smaller spades take over for the most part until August. Smaller spades are already in but the big ones are there as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't think the marine police will hassle you for fishing there- I have been checked there. The military still uses them some for target practice- they usually make a flyover before they start-

·
Registered
32 Posts
spades

capt max , is that the pic. in your advertisement in cheas. angler in june. also, does anyone know if rw's has clam chum. thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts