Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my son and brother out this morning looking to ltj some rock. We ended up chasing some birds but only managed one keeper rock. Much to my surprise, I hooked into a 20" spaniard, my first. Boy can they run! Great fun on light tackle. Never thought I'd find one this far north....we were fishing just north of the Brewerton channel, south of MOW.

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
I saw one jump completely out of the water in the Patapsco about 3 weeks ago after I startled it by landing a plug almost on top of it with a cast in the shallows. It was about a foot long . I clearly saw the whole fish. I was surprised. A few years ago , there were quite a few red puppy drum caught in the Patapsco. September is the month when you'll catch the most unlikely species above the BB. Flounder & Grey trout used to be regulars if you knew where to look. I knew of a few 7# Grey Trout caught around Craig Hill Light in the 70s. I didn't print anything about the Mac because there's some skeptical , non believers on this board . I believe you. There's probably a lot more up here than we think. .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts