Tidal Fish Forum banner

Spanish...plenty at HI, OI report

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  SANFLEA 
20+ feet piolet whale is defently possible. My boat is 23 foot and a few weeks ago I ran into a large school out in the blue water that ran for roughly over a mile. It was like trolling a long weed line of whales. never in my life seen anything like this. But anyways one of the whales we noticed seem to be quite a bit larger that all the rest when it rolled in the water. Got to check this out. Pulled in some of the lines, motered in close and the thing came up a few yards off my side. Holly sht it was about 5 feet longer than my boat. gave me a little scare too to the size of the the thing. Coolest thing is when we kicked one engine out of gear and drifted right through the school. They hunge in the water a few feet from my boat. While drifting slow trolling we hooked up on 2 fat 45 to 50lbs yellowfins. Alsome site. Little piolet whales, large ones and then a hole lot of dolphins(flipper) in the mix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.