Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys-- no pic's, I updated phone software and now my computer does not see pictures on phone..
Will put camera in boat- Spanish are to pretty of a fish to seeing:yes:.
But I took out wife for a cruise around bay today, I could not stand it, and finally dropped some lines for @1 hr.
put 3 VERY fat Spanish in cooler , Lost one while trying to land another (wife has no license, so can't touch the rods.. she doesn't care to fish at all)
Several 8" blues went back but the Spanish are to be eaten!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yeah because if you are in the boat and fish were caught, it's assumed you had a hand in it whether you touched a rod or not. Boat lic. covers everybody.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't you have a boat license? That covers anyone on the boat in va doesn't it.
Lifetime licence... Most that go with me have tier own fishing license.. ( just not the boss lady)

SF, To get a ticket she has to be see touching fishing equipment according to several Va marine Patrol and game wardens I asked.
Did you get out ?
BTW, if you ever need/want to leave boat down here in your old neighborhood, Overnigh Or for the week instead of hauling it back and forth... LMK

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
If you dont mind me asking where did you catch those spanish iam taking my brother monday before he deploys for Iraq tuesday want to put him on some fish. Thanks

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2 miles south of new point lighthouse, last week I hits some 1 mile south of york spit. If that helps. I don't know the CBBT well, but last year I did very well trolling along it several times preferred the Eastern shore end of it but hit some nice ones @ 4th Island.

Lots of cobes in area today it was a ton of rats. I may be out tomorrow afternoon and Monday, hollor out on 68 if you get up my way.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
https://www.windfinder.com/forecast/bayside
Wow- did they get it wrong for today! It is tuff out there!!! ( I wimped out) Saw some very NICE looking bikini's returning from newpoint beach though..

Looks like winds die down some tomorrow afternoon.
I really hope you can get him out before deployment. Heck even to bottom fish. I thank him for his service!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Buy a boat license. It will Save your ass. Fishing cost so much anyway, what's a little more
My thoughts exactly. Less than $50 a year and I don't hav to worry about people on my boat having a license. I wish nc would come up with the same thing. I'd pay more and get people fishing who don't want to buy a license for a day. I'm fishing out of Oregon inlet Tuesday.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I assume this has come up before on this forum, but I don't recall seeing it? I think it's mostly the fed govt that is causing NC to not create a recreational boat license. Assume charters have a requirement for filing fed reports. The fed wants to know how many people are fishing and if the state doesn't have an "individual" license, then they will need the fed permit. A lot of folks don't know this but this is info from the NOAA website. If you're fishing in Virginia and don't hold the individual license, they say you MUST have the federal permit - and it's $29.00 !!!!!

QUOTE:
As of January 1, 2011, if you have a saltwater recreational fishing license or registration from any state
or U.S. territory EXCEPT Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands, you are AUTOMATICALLY
registered and do not need to take further action. Please be sure to follow all
laws and regulations in the waters in which you are fishing.

If you fish in Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, or Virginia, please be aware there are
new state fishing license and registration requirements. Please check with these states before
registering with NOAA. If you meet these state requirements,
you are automatically registered with NOAA.

The link below will also help you figure out if you need to register. The fee for NSAR registration
is $29.00 for most people. Registering is quick and easy, and you can register and fish the same day.
UNQUOTE
The link to the main site is: https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/register/
And another quote from the bottom of the web site:

The National Saltwater Angler Registry is the law. It is also an important tool to help better count fishermen and their catch. Become part of a network of fishermen helping to conserve our oceans and ensure the future of recreational fishing. By registering, you help NOAA make your catch count.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
No one should buy a Fed license to fish in VA--one should simply register with VA if fishing on a boat where they don't need a license. Same in MD

While there may not be much enforcement, in most cases you are legally required to have a saltwater license or be registered to fish to be legal while fishing in tidewater in MD and in VA, and having the Fed license does NOT change that _State_ legal requirement.

VA will ticket MD fishermen that are fishing in VA on an MD boat license if the fishermen did not register with VA.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/licenses/

http://www.mrc.virginia.gov/FIP/

https://compass.dnr.maryland.gov/DnrCompassPortal

http://dnr2.maryland.gov/Pages/service_fishing_license.aspx

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a MD boat license and use it in VA all the time, I had to call the 800 # and register myself and everyone on my boat for FREE. Takes about 2 min and you talk to a live operator.
1-800-723-2728

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
While I don't mind the sidetrack, The point of having 2 fish on at one time was meant to share the fact that they where hitting in multiples.
Now back to licence talk--

·
Registered
128 Posts
That's a blast when multiple lines go off. Last week my buddy and I had 4 fish on at a time twice and managed to get 6 out of the 8 fish in With two people in the boat we were scrambling !

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Well we fished today inside Lynnhaven nothing but crabs and 1 throw back flounder the bay was a washing machine. Gonna try early tomorrow to get him some fish on a half day trip at the tunnel trying for spades.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts