Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fishing must be pretty good when I'm completely disappointed to be catching a 16" to 18" Trout on every cast. That's the way it was this morning at Cape Lookout. Two problems, they were all Gray Trout and I had my limit in 10 minutes, and I thought today was going to be "my Citation Trout day". I was loaded with a full array of baits for grown Speckled Trout, and the Gray Trout devoured everything I had. In 2 hours of fishing, I caught 35 Gray Trout that were all between 1 lb. 8 oz. to 2 pounds. Session number 2 was a treat. I fished a small, very well known spot very close to Beaufort Inlet and caught 15 Speckled Trout very quickly. The best thing was that I had 2 that weighed 3 pounds and 4 others that weighed over 2 pounds. I lost 2 really nice Speckled Trout also. In this same spot I caught 5 Bluefish, including a suprizing 4 pounder. I'm dying to fish again before midnight, but I probably will not. As it stands now, My Total Catch for the Day: 35 Gray Trout up to 2 lb.s, 15 Speckled Trout up to 3 lb.s, and 5 Bluefish up to 4 pounds. See my pics and read all my reports at Top Water Charters Beaufort, NC

·
Registered
631 Posts
nice report. never been down there but it may be worth a trip. is there any fishing off the jetties or banks?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I will be down in Beaufort for Thanksgiving weekend visiting my mother-in-law. Probably will try for some specks from the beach (Fort Macon or north of one of the piers). The fall season up here in Virginia Beach has been O.k., need to land me a tarheel speck. Plan on putting in my time while the wife hangs at Mrs. Marie's Gallery making jewelry all day.

Speck on!!
Craig

1 - 6 of 6 Posts